More than 50 years ago, residents established the foundation as a permanent source of community capital in Washtenaw County. Think of us as a savings account for the community, with proceeds from our endowed funds distributed as grants for local nonprofits and scholarships.
In more technical terms, AAACF is a tax-exempt public charity that helps individuals, families, groups, and organizations accomplish their philanthropic goals. Through a core team of 17 Trustees, a staff of 14, and 400+ volunteers, AAACF connects people, charitable causes, and permanent capital for community impact.
- Meeting Charitable Goals: We work with donors and their professional advisors to help them meet their charitable goals. The combination of donors’ resources and philanthropic intentions with our financial expertise creates meaningful, lasting impact in our community.
- Building Healthy Endowments: Our Board of Trustees, Finance & Investment Committee, and professional investment consultants work to protect our endowed funds to ensure their long-term growth, stability and permanence.
- Leading Positive Change: Using hard work, research, and an array of community partnerships, we craft grant and scholarship programs that maximize the positive impact of our community’s resources.
The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation enriches the quality of life in our region through its knowledgeable leadership, engaged grantmaking, and creative partnerships with donors to make philanthropic investments and build endowment.
- Integrity: We are committed to being honest, ethical, and trustworthy.
- Accountability: We are committed to managing our entrusted resources in a diligent and prudent manner.
- Leadership: We are committed to an inclusive approach in convening and shaping partnerships and relationships that address the current and future needs of our community.