AAACF scholarships that use the online Scholarship Application are listed below. Please click on the scholarship name for more information about eligibility criteria and required materials. The next application period will open in January 2018.
- AAACF Community Scholarship Fund - $1,500 & $3,000 awards
For students who are economically disadvantaged, youth of color, and/or first generation college students.
- AWC Scholarship Fund for Women in Computing - $1,000 award
For female students studying technology and/or computing.
- Cathy Allor Mathematics Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For graduating female seniors at Skyline High School interested in mathematics.
- Josee L. Alvarez Memorial Fund - $1,500 award
For graduating seniors at Chelsea High School.
- Ann Arbor Ad Club Scholarship Fund - $650 award
For Washtenaw County residents studying advertising, communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field.
- Walter & Florence E. Aupperle Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For German Studies students at University of Michigan or Eastern Michigan University.
- Morse B. Barker Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,600 award
For Washtenaw County residents attending Washtenaw Community College or Cleary University.
- Bruce & Merlee Bartman Memorial Fund - Bruce Bartman Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors at Community High School.
- Burt Black Memorial Fund - $500 & $1,500 awards
For students with disabilities at Huron High School, Washtenaw Community College & University of Michigan.
- Community Financial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Community Financial members.
- Joseph & Yvonne Dulin Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For African-American graduating seniors at any Washtenaw County public school.
- Gamma Rho Boule Education Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating African-American male high school seniors graduating from a public or private high school in Washtenaw County.
- Nathan Lyndell Hall Memorial Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For graduating seniors at Pioneer OR Community OR alumni of Ypsilanti Junior Football and Cheerleading (YCJAA).
- Starr D. Kohn, Ph.D, PE Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For undergraduate students at University of Michigan studying civil engineering.
- Kenneth W. Kramer, PE Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For undergraduate or graduate students pursing studies in Civil Engineering with a focus on geotechnical or pavement studies at a Michigan ABET accredited university.
- Richard D. & Grace P. Leslie Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Washtenaw Community College students studying retail or business.
- Andrew J. Lum Scholar Athlete Award Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors from the Huron High School Varsity Huron Football team with a commitment to athletics and academics.
- Beth Moffat Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For graduating seniors who are female student athletes at Hartland High School.
- NAACP Community Leadership Scholarship Fund - $300 award
For African-American graduating seniors from the Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti-Willow Run area.
- NuStep Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For NuStep employees' children, step-children, and grandchildren.
- Josephine C. Otto Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000- $3,000 award(s)
For members of Dexter's St. Joseph Catholic Church.
- Gene & Jane Overholt Kiwanis Scholarship Fund- $750 award
For students at a public or charter high school in the Plymouth-Canton School District who have shown leadership through volunteerism in the community.
- Pipe Dream Fund - $2,000 award
For students attending University of Michigan or Eastern Michigan University who are Polish nationals on a valid visa OR who have parents that are from Poland.
- Erin Ryan Kiwanis Clubs of Plymouth Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors from a high school located in Plymouth or Canton who have demonstrated a passion for community service and leadership as a member of the Key Club.
- Silver Maples Employee Educational Fund - $2,000 award
For full or part-time employees of Silver Maples of Chelsea.
- Silver Legacy Scholarship Fund - $3,000 award
For full or part-time students who have been employed as wait staff at Silver Maples of Chelsea for at least six months.
- Linda Grasselli Sprankle Scholarship Fund - $3,000 award
For African-American, Latino/Hispanic, and/or students who will be first generation in their family to attend college.
- James K. Stringwell Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
Need-based scholarships for students graduating from public high schools in Washtenaw County who will be attending a public college or university in Michigan.
- Rachael Townsend Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,500 award
For women majoring in a degree in the School of Kinesiology at the University of Michigan OR senior female student athletes at Saline High School.
- Trigon Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For all male undergraduate students at the University of Michigan.
- Butch Warren Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For graduating seniors at Pioneer High School OR any child of a former D&C employee attending a Michigan public university or college OR Michigan technical school full-time.
- Welcome Home Scholarship Fund - $1,400 award
For men and women returning home from active duty deployment in Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom and honorably discharged within the last three years.
- Richard Weldon Memorial Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For graduating seniors that have lettered (athletics, theater, music) at Pioneer High School and have been employed for at least 12 consecutive months while in high school.
AAACF scholarships that use a paper application are listed below. Please click on the scholarship name for more information about eligibility criteria, required materials, due dates, and to download the application/nomination form.
- Lynda Andrus Memorial Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For Eastern Michigan University nursing students.
- Art Armstrong Scholarship Fund - $1,800 award
For graduating seniors on the Pioneer High School hockey team.
- Sara Marie Diepenhorst Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For graduating seniors at a Taylor high school attending University of Michigan -Ann Arbor.
- Andrea Greiner Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Pioneer High School students.
- Mike Lapprich Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For senior hockey players, team managers, or trainers who are members of the Huron High School hockey team.
- Robert E. Newsted Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors from Detroit Public Schools.
- Bryan J.Westfield Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors that are members of the Women's Track or Cross-Country team at Pioneer High School.
AAACF Scholarships that do not have an application are listed below. Please click on the scholarship name for more information
- Robert Bruce Dunlap Memorial Awards Fund - $1,000 awards & $2,000 award
For Young Citizen of the Year Finalists and the Young Citizen of the Year.
- Andrew J. Lum & David R. Juillet Young Artist Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For winner of the Ann Arbor Concert Band's Young Soloist Competition.
- Paul K. & Fern L. Meyers Scholarship Award Fund - $675 award
For recipients of the Paul K. Meyers Award at Huron High School.
- Joan Bauer Scheel Valedictorian Scholarship Fund - $750 award
For Whitmore Lake High School valedictorian.
For more information on establishing a Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation, please contact Shelley Strickland.