Walter & Florence E. Aupperle Scholarship Fund
Walter & Florence E. Aupperle Scholarship Fund: $1,000 award
Established in 2003 by Walter and Florence Aupperle to provide four-year scholarships annually to students studying the German language, history and culture at the University of Michigan or Eastern Michigan University.
Number of Available Awards: Four (four year awards)
Recipients may automatically renew their scholarship up to three times, to receive four years of scholarship support, as long as they continue to meet the Scholarship Fund's criteria.
The award amount is $1,000 each year.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student pursuing German Studies (history, language, culture, etc.) at either Eastern Michigan University OR the University of Michigan
- Enrolled full-time
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need
- To renew a scholarship, recipient must be enrolled at Eastern Michigan University OR the University of Michigan, maintain a 3.0 or above GPA, and submit his/her transcript showing German Studies classes and verification of fall enrollment to AAACF for review each summer
- Online scholarship application
- Latest transcript
- Scholarship Recommendation Form- completed by someone who is not a relative or family member
- Short essay, composed in English, answering the question: How did you become interested in German Studies? (Uploaded as an attachment)