AWC Scholarship Fund for Women in Computing
AWC Scholarship Fund for Women in Computing: $1,000 award
Established in 2003 by the Ann Arbor chapter of the Association for Women in Computing (AWC-AA). The organization's goal is to increase the number and influence of women in technology and computing and to encourage interest among women in learning about and utilizing these skills to further their professional development.
The AWC-AA Scholarship is open to female students participating in an institution accredited for higher education in Washtenaw County.
Number of Available Awards: Two
- Must be pursuing a career in a computer or technology-related field
- Must have at least two semesters of coursework remaining
- Online scholarship application
- Latest transcript
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Submit essays answering three questions. One essay per question; 300 - 600 words per essay. (Uploaded as attachments)
- Describe your most fulfilling computer-related project or experience. For Incoming Freshmen Only: If you have not had computer-related project or experience in high school, you may write about you have completed on your own. For example: designing your own website or writing your own computer program.
- What intrigued you most about your chosen course of study?
- How would you encourage other women to join this field?