AAACF Scholarship Funds
The following scholarship funds award scholarships to hundreds of local students each year - helping to make a college education possible.
Please click on the scholarship name for the selection criteria and all required materials.
Scholarships that use a paper application:
- Lynda Andrus Memorial Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For Eastern Michigan University nursing students.
- Art Armstrong Scholarship Fund - $3,000 award
For graduating seniors on the Pioneer High School hockey team.
- Burt Black Memorial Fund - $500 & $1,000 awards
Supports three Burt Black Memorial Scholarship awards for students with disabilities at Huron High School, Washtenaw Community College & University of Michigan.
- Sara Marie Diepenhorst Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award For graduating seniors at Taylor High School attending U of M -Ann Arbor.
- Andrea Greiner Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Pioneer High School students.
- Mike Lapprich Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors on the Huron High School hockey team.
- Robert E. Newsted Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,700 award
For graduating seniors from Detroit Public Schools.
Scholarships that use the online application:
- AWC Scholarship Fund for Women in Computing - Up to $1,000 award
For female students studying technology and/or computing.
- Cathy Allor Mathematics Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For graduating seniors at Skyline High School interested in mathematics.
- Josee L. Alvarez Memorial Fund - $1,500 award
For graduating seniors at Chelsea High School.
- Ann Arbor Ad Club Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Washtenaw County residents studying advertising, communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field.
- Walter & Florence E. Aupperle Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For German Studies students at U of M or EMU.
- Morse B. Barker Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000-$1,500 award
For Washtenaw County residents attending Washtenaw Community College or Cleary University.
- Bruce and Merlee Bartman Memorial Fund - Bruce Bartman Memorial Scholarship - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors at Community High School.
- Community Financial Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Community Financial members.
- Joseph & Yvonne Dulin Scholarship Fund - $250 award
For graduating seniors at any Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor public school.
- Nathan Lyndell Hall Memorial Scholarship Fund - Three $500 awards
For graduating seniors at Pioneer OR Community OR alumni of Ypsilanti Junior Football and Cheerleading (YCJAA).
- Starr D. Kohn, Ph.D, PE Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For undergraduate students at U of M studying civil engineering.
- Kenneth W. Kramer, PE Memorial Scholarship Fund - $2,000 award
For undergraduate or gradute students from the Ann Arbor or Plymouth area, including Washtenaw or Western Wayne County, studying civil engineering
- Richard & Grace P. Leslie Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For Washtenaw Community College students studying retail or business.
- Linda Grasselli Sprankle Scholarship Fund
Need-based scholarship awards for African American, Latino/Hispanic, and/or students who will be first generation in their family to attend college.
- Andrew J. Lum Scholar Athlete Award Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors from the Huron High School Varsity Huron Football team with a commitment to athletics and academics.
- Beth Moffat Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,075 award
For graduating seniors who are female student athletes at Hartland High School.
- NAACP Community Leadership Scholarship Fund - $400-500 award
For African-American graduating seniors from the Ann Arbor or Ypsilanti-Willow Run area.
- NuStep Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For NuStep employees' children, step-children, and grandchildren.
- Josephine C. Otto Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000-$3,000 award -
For members of Dexter's St. Joseph Catholic Church.
- Pipe Dream Fund - $2,000 award
For students attending U of M or EMU who are Polish nationals on a valid visa OR who have parents that are from Poland.
- Emerson & Gwendolyn Powrie Fund - $1,000 award
For graduating seniors at Pioneer High School who have contributed notably to Pioneer and/or the wider Ann Arbor community.
- Silver Maples Employee Educational Fund - $1,400 award
For full or part-time employees of Silver Maples of Chelsea.
- James K. Stringwell Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
Need-based scholarships for students graduating from public high schools in Washtenaw County who will be attending a public college or university in Michigan.
- Rachael Townsend Memorial Scholarship Fund - $500 award -
For women majoring in Physical Education at the University of Michigan OR senior female student athletes at Saline High School.
- Trigon Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For male undergraduate students at the University of Michigan.
- Butch Warren Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,500 award
For graduating seniors at Pioneer High School OR any child of a former D&C employee attending a Michigan public university or college OR Michigan technical school full-time.
- Welcome Home Scholarship Fund - $800 award
For men and women returning home from active duty deployment in Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom and honorably discharged within the last three years.
- Richard Weldon Memorial Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For graduating seniors that have lettered (athletics, theater, music) at Pioneer High School and have been employed for at least 12 consecutive months while in high school.
- Bryan J. Westfield Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For graduating seniors that are members of the Women's Track or Cross-Country team at Pioneer High School.
Deadline for Scholarships that use an Online Application is April 1, 2013 unless otherwise noted. Click here to apply online
AAACF Scholarship Awards that do not have an application:
- Robert Bruce Dunlap Memorial Awards Fund - $1,000 award
For AnnArbor.com Young Citizen of the Year Finalists.
- Andrew J. Lum & David R. Juillet Young Artist Scholarship Fund - $1,000 award
For winner of the Ann Arbor Concert Band's Young Soloist Competition.
- Paul K. & Fern L. Meyers Scholarship Award Fund - $530 award
For recipients of the Paul K. Meyers Award at Huron High School.
- Joan Bauer Scheel Valedictorian Scholarship Fund - $500 award
For Whitmore Lake High School valedictorian.
For more information on establishing a Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation, please contact Development Officer Jennie Hale.