Community Grantmaking Program
Focus Area: Washtenaw County
Application Available: February 8, 2017
Application Deadline: March 28, 2017
Funding Available: There will be funding available for General Operating Support Grants and Capacity Building Grants.
Based on national best practice and local nonprofit input, the Community Foundation will be offering General Operating Support grants and Capacity Building grants to support the mission, activities, and community impact of the local nonprofit sector.
NOTE: Please wait to contact staff about this opportunity until AFTER the application has been launched.
Geographic Focus Area: Washtenaw County
Impact Focus Areas: Basic Needs/Human Services; Health; Education; Economy; Arts & Culture; Neighborhoods & Communities; and Environment. All nonprofits operating and delivering services in Washtenaw County are eligible to apply. University and College departments and institutes are eligible to apply, but priority will be given to 501(c)(3) community nonprofit agencies.
Application Submission Process:
- Review grant program guidelines at aaacf.org/grants.
- Community Grantmaking Applicants: Applicants new to the Community Grantmaking Program (formerly General Grantmaking Program) process are required to attend one of three information sessions (please RSVP). Dates and links to sign up are posted below. Past applicants and grantees are not required to attend, but should contact Katie Van Dusen by email to touch base about your organization's proposal.
Information Session 1: February 21, 1:30pm at the Learning Resource Center
Information Session 2: March 2, 1:30pm at the Learning Resource Center
Information Session 3: March 8, 12:30pm at the Learning Resource Center
- Access sample application forms on the NonProfit Portal.
- Submit all required narrative sections and support materials on the NonProfit Portal by March 28, 2017.
- Funding decisions will be made in July of 2017.